We get our fair share of storms in the Atlanta area. Rain, hail, snow, wind, and the occasional tornado are all a regular part of living in this region. Storms can lead to storm damage to our roofs, gutters, and siding. Veteran’s Roofing is here to help in all those critical areas.
Knowing what to do and when to do it are some of the challenges many homeowners face. Some issues, like filing an insurance claim, can be time-consuming, so you don’t want to wait too long.
A good way to reduce your stress levels when a significant weather event occurs is by having a plan of action. Knowing what steps to take, in advance, will help your emotional well-being in the aftermath, as well as ensure a timely response and quick action to protect that valuable asset known as your home or building.
Being familiar with some of the warning signs that damage has occurred can be very helpful in these instances.
What to Look For
How do you know if your home has sustained damage? Some things are obvious – there is a tree laying across the roof. Others may not be so clear. A few warning signs that damage has occurred are:
- Missing, lifted, or curling shingles on the roof.
- Leaks or water spots in your attic or on your ceiling.
- Missing or damaged flashing.
- Dented or broken gutters.
- Dented, torn, or lifted siding.
- Rust marks on the ceiling or walls of your home if you have a metal roof.
- Standing water on the roof surface.
- Debris on the roof or blocking gutters.
- The occurrence of a lightning strike.
Some of these signs are difficult to see just walking around your home. The best idea after a significant weather event is to call Veteran’s Roofing for a free inspection. We have the knowledge, experience, and skill to conduct a thorough roof inspection, ensuring no damage is overlooked or missed on a potential insurance claim.
Steps to Take
If your home has been attacked by Mother Nature, it is important that any damage be promptly addressed. The Veteran’s Roofing Company team suggests the following steps.
- Immediately call Veteran’s Roofing at 404-407-5000 and schedule your inspection. We are available to inspect the roof, gutters, siding, and other critical components of your building to ensure your safety and maximize your insurance claim.
- Check your insurance policy to verify the damage, if any, is covered by the policy.
- File a claim with your insurance company. Our inspection documentation will be a critical element in getting that claim approved.
- Meet with the adjuster. As a part of our insurance process assistance, Veteran’s Roofing will ensure all the adjuster’s questions or concerns are addressed in a prompt, professional manner.
- Once your claim is approved, you can rest easy knowing the repair or replacement will be completed by Veteran’s Roofing using high-quality materials and employing only the most professional level of installation.
Your insurance company will suggest contacting a reputable contractor. One that is licensed, insured, qualified, and offers a great warranty. That is Veteran’s Roofing Company. We’re here to help get your home or building repaired quickly and correctly. Working with your insurance company, together we can identify and repair storm damage while reducing your stress levels. Call us today at 404-407-5000. We look forward to speaking with you soon.