What is siding? We all have a visual of what “siding” is. To be a little bit technical, siding is any material that covers and protects the exterior walls of your home. For example, if you have a concrete block home and the exterior is stucco, the stucco is the siding.
With this in mind, you can immediately see the value siding offers your building. It serves as a barrier between the foundational exterior walls and the elements, protecting the family and belongings within.
Veteran’s Roofing also values your home and all that it protects. As a natural extension of that value, we now offer siding services to our residential clients.
Advantages of Siding
The addition of new siding to your home has a lot of advantages to consider.
- Property Value. Simply put, adding new siding to your home immediately increases its property value. In fact, according to realtors, homeowners that add new siding to their home see an immediate 81% return on investment with the increased property value alone.
- Curb Appeal. Fresh, clean siding makes your home more attractive and visually pleasing.
- Energy Efficiency. Lighter-colored exteriors reflect more of the sun’s heat away from the home. Couple that with a little additional insulation and you can see reduced cooling and heating costs.
- Structural Damage. Though new siding won’t FIX structural damage, it will give you an opportunity to identify and correct any damage you may not be aware of.
- Less Work. Most types of siding allow for very low maintenance. This means less time painting the house and more time enjoying it.
- Durable. With proper maintenance, most siding is resistant to mold, mildew, insects, rot, UV damage, and environmental pollution.
- Warranty. Warranties from 20+ years to even life are available, depending on the siding you choose.
There are several different types of siding options available on today’s market. Which works best depends on your home, your preferences, and your budget. The 3 most popular options are vinyl, wood, and fiber-cement sidings. Each has benefits and specific considerations.
Vinyl Siding. The most popular siding choice in the United States due to its durability, toughness, versatility, and ease of maintenance. Vinyl comes in a wide range of colors and styles, suitable for almost any taste. Other key features:
- Maintains its shape
- Minimal maintenance
- 30+ year Lifespan
Wood Siding. No argument about it, wood siding is beautiful. If you’re a person who truly appreciates the beauty of the wood grain, nothing compares. It does require more maintenance than some of the other options, but that is a price some people are more than happy to pay. Other benefits of wood siding are:
- 50+ year Lifespan
- Multiple styles
- Aesthetically pleasing
Fiber-Cement Siding. Fiber cement siding is like a hybrid of wood and vinyl benefits. It offers durability, a long lifespan, and low maintenance. Generally painted, like wood siding, other considerations for fiber-cement siding are:
- Multiple styles
- 50+ year Lifespan.
- Low maintenance
For more information, call your siding experts at Veteran’s Roofing, 404-407-5000. We will schedule your free, no-obligation consultation. After evaluating your home and learning your preferences and taste, we will develop a siding solution perfectly designed to suit your needs. We look forward to speaking with you soon.