Insurance is one of those things we have but hope to never need. If you have never filed a homeowner’s insurance claim, you have no idea how complicated and time-consuming the process can be. If you’ve had the misfortune of filing in the past, you know exactly what we’re talking about.
Your Veteran’s Roofing Company team understands that, which is why we have chosen to offer insurance claims assistance as an integrated part of our services. Though we aren’t claiming to be experts in the insurance industry, we have been involved in enough insurance claims to know what to expect, what the adjuster is looking for and to guide you through each step of the process.
What to Expect
When an unexpected situation happens and you need to file an insurance claim, understanding the process will go a long way to reducing your overall stress. Though every situation is unique, we will provide you with an overview of the general process.
- Claim is filed. You will contact your insurance agent or insurance company, advise them of the damage and file your initial claim. A claim number and adjuster will be assigned. In addition, they will confirm the type of damage you report is covered by your homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Adjuster. Your adjuster will come to your property, look at the damage and determine an estimated dollar figure for repair. They may use a mathematical formula or may call for estimates from local contractors. Conversely, they may ask you to obtain those estimates.
- Approval/Rejection. If your claim is approved, a specific dollar figure will be offered to cover the cost of the repair/replacement. You can accept that amount or ask for it to be revisited if you don’t believe it is sufficient to cover the costs. If additional damages are found in the future, the claim would need to be re-opened, and the process would start again with the adjuster.
- Payment. Your insurance company will send you a check for the repair minus your deductible. For example, if you agreed the repair would cost $10,000 and you have a $5,000 deductible, your insurance check will be for $5,000.
- Repair Performed. Your repair is now scheduled, probably by you, and then performed by your chosen contractor.
Why Call Veteran’s Roofing First?
You should consider calling Veteran’s Roofing Company even before filing your initial claim. There are a lot of reasons to involve us from the beginning, here are just a few.
- Inspection. With our free inspection, we can ensure that ALL the damage is addressed, not just what can easily be seen by the untrained eye. There could be underlying structural damage that you aren’t aware of.
- Report. We will generate a written report, detailing all our findings and the recommended solution(s) with cost estimates included. This reduces the risk of accepting a dollar amount far below the actual claim value.
- Claim. We can assist you with filing your claim, ensuring that all damage is included.
- Adjuster. We know exactly what adjusters look for and how they consider the damage. Where appropriate, our team will meet with your adjuster and review the identified damage on-site, working to ensure your claim is approved.
- Repair. Once that approval is received, Veteran’s Roofing Company will complete your repair or replacement in a professional, expeditious fashion, using the highest quality materials and installation procedures.
- Clean-up. It is a source of pride with Veteran’s Roofing Company to leave no evidence of our work behind, beyond your beautifully repaired home.
Do you need more reasons? Call the experts at Veteran’s Roofing Company, 404-407-5000. We will schedule your initial consultation and free inspection. Then, working together, develop the best possible solution to your personal situation. We look forward to speaking with you soon.